Sunday, July 13, 2008

Red Velvet Cake..



Mbak Ria in her blog said that this cake is "The best cake that she ever made."
I wonder....How delicious this cake is.....I must try to make it.
and..finally,I did it..

Dewa usually only likes cookies. but for this cake, he takes two slices ...:)

Here's the recipe that I took from Mbak Ria's blog
Ingridients:
---A---
3.5 cups Plain Flour
1/2 cup chocolate powder
1.5 tsp salt
--- B ---
300gr Beet Root
200cc water
--- C ---
1 1/4 cups Milk
2 tbs lemon juice
--- D ---
2 cups flavorless oil
2 cups fine sugar
3 eggs
1.5 tsp vanilla powder
--- E ---
2tsp baking soda
2.5 tsp lemon juice
Methods :
Grease the 24cm baking pan. Heat oven about 150Celcius
1. Sift together (A). set aside
2.Mix (B), blended well. Boiled the beet juice. Sifted and take 100cc
3. Mix (C) until well blended ---> It is called Buttermilk..
3. For (D), Mix the sugar and oil on medium speed until well combined. add eggs, one at a time. Add beet juice,coloring food, and vanilla powder, beating well after each addition( low speed).
4. Add A mixture..beat with low speed
5. Add buttermilk and stir with spatulla
6. Add (E) and stir until well combined
7. Bake for 50minutes.
Cream Cheese Frosting
Ingredients:
250gr cream cheese
100gr butter
2 cups icing sugar ---> I use only 50gr icing sugar
2 cups Fresh cream
Methods :
- Whisk fresh cream untill thicken. set aside
- Cream butter, cream cheese and icing sugar till smooth
- Add cream cheese mixture to fresh cream.Blended with low speed.
FINISHING
- Slice the cake into two layer.
- Sandwich the cake layers with cream cheese frosting.
- Coat the whole cake with cream cheese frosting
- Place the cake into the fridge.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Deby, this cake looks delicious! Gnam Gnam! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deby...
    seneng deh kalo tau ada yg nyoba resep ini juga. but 2 slice ??? hihihi.... endut lho !

    btw... liat soesmaker nya jadi ngiler. kapan2 ta contek gantian yah :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ale...Yes,its delicious. I can make it for you if you are here..he3x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mbak Ria, aku juga heran dia doyan.padaha jarang2nya makan cake.Biar aja ndut..lha wong dia aja kalah gede ama adiknya.hi.hi..hi

    Kalo mau soes maker..nyonteknya di majalah saji mbak...soalnya aku juga nyontek dari sono..he.he.he.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eheheh Deby, I think that it's a little bit impossible...I live in Italy and you are not behind the corner... :P
    Anyway, everytime I visit your blog I have to open my eyes as much as I can (i'm sorry, I don't know the correct word to say this --> O.O) :D
    You attended cooking school or you learned everything by yourself?
    (I'm sorry but my english is not very good but I hope you'll understand..) :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ale, actually my english is not good either..he.he..he.
    I just try to use English on my blog. So, I hope everybody can understand, not only indonesian.
    Yes, I attend one decorating cake course and one baking course..I also join one Indonesian milis..
    This help me to know more about decorating cake and baking.

    Actually, sometimes I visit your blog..but I don't understand the languange. So, I just take a look the picture. What a very nice picture you have.

    ReplyDelete